Bloody Mary Pot Roast
- 1 Reynolds® Hot Bags® Foil Bag, large size
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups peeled baby carrots
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Bloody Mary mix or spicy vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- PREHEAT grill to medium or oven to 450°F.
- OPEN foil bag.
- Place roast in foil bag.
- Arrange carrots, onion, and celery around roast.
- Combine Bloody Mary mix, wine, onion soup mix, flour and pepper; spoon over vegetables.
- TO SEAL double fold open end of foil bag.
- Place in foil bag in a roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
- TO COOK slide foil bag onto grill or leave foil bag in supporting pan and place in oven.
- The edges of the foil bag should not hang over the sides of the pan.
- GRILL 1 1/2 hours on medium in covered grill OR BAKE 2 to 2 1/2 hours in supporting pan in oven.
- USE OVEN MITTS to cut open foil bag with a sharp knife.
- Carefully fold back top of foil bag, allowing steam to escape.