Fillet of Sole with Spinach & Tomatoes
- 12 cups spinach (1 1/4 lbs.), trimmed and washed thoroughly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. sole fillets
- 4 small plum tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of aluminum foil for packets.
- Put spinach, with water still clinging to its leaves, into a large pot. Cover; steam the spinach over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain; when cool enough to handle, press out excess liquid. Chop and place in a small bowl. Stir in garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one-quarter of the spinach mixture in the center of foil. Lay a sole fillet over the spinach and arrange tomato slices over the sole. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet or grill.
- Bake or grill for 10 to 12 minutes. Open one package to check that the fish is opaque. Transfer the packages to individual plates; let each diner open his or her own package.