Coffee Can Cookery Stew
- 2 Strips bacon
- 1 Med. potato, sliced
- 1 Med. onion, sliced
- 1 Med. tomato, sliced
- 2 Stalks celery
- 1/3 lb Ground beef
- 1 Carrot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coffee can and lid
- Cut carrot in half lengthwise.
- Cut celery and carrot into 2″ lengths.
- Cut bacon in half.
- Mold 2 meat patties.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon on bottom of can.
- Place layers of all ingredients. Repeat.
- Place closed coffee can on top of glowing coals for 25 min.
- Open lid and check after 10 minutes, if browning too rapidly, pour 2 Tbs. of water in can.