Homemade Ice Cream In A Coffee Can
- 1- 1 lb coffee can with lid (empty and cleaned)
- 1- 3 lb coffee can with lid (empty and cleaned)
- 1 pint of half & half (milk can be used instead)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla, 2 T. of choc. syrup, or 1/4 c of strawberries
- Rock Salt
- Add all of the above ingredients to the (1lb) coffee can.
- Put the lid on the coffee can and secure with duct tape.
- Place the 1 lb coffee can into the 3 lb coffee can.
- Surround with crushed ice and rock salt and place the lid onto the 3 lb coffee can.
- Have your kids sit on the ground and roll back and forth 3 to 4 feet apart.
- Roll for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check to see if the ice cream is hard; if it isn’t replace the lid, add more ice and rock salt.
- Roll for another 8 mins.
- Remove the lid to the 1 lb can and serve in bowls.